Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nong Khai, Thailand: on slow travel

We had planned only a short stay in Nong Khai, before crossing the border to Laos. We finally spent 2 entire days in the city. Most of the time was not spent in visiting monument but in relaxing in the guesthouse's garden: a nice tropical garden on the banks of the Mekong with several hammocks and a swing. The children played for hours there, in imaginary boats and on imaginary busses, until the guesthouse owner brought a large box of used Lego blocks, which grew the imaginary world and added to the happiness of my little ones.

I can learn a lot from my children about relaxing and traveling on a slow pace. I find traveling in itself relaxing and I don't need to stop and take a break to enjoy it better. At the same time, I realize that taking a break is enjoyable too and that I can do it from times to times. A breakthrough finding for me! 

The place: Mut Mee guesthouse, Nong Khai, Thailand http://www.mutmee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment